Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Years Resolutions

I do not typically make New Years Resolutions.  I always know what I would like to do.  I always have a list a mile and a half long that some how typically never gets done. 

But this year I decided to make a few resolutions.  Mine are not the typical "lose 20 pounds", "workout 3 times a week" however those are both things I need to do.  I made more practical resolutions.

1.  Spend more quality time with my family.  My boys are growing up so fast that some days I feel they have changed in just the 9 hours earlier that I dropped them off.  Being a full time working mama and being spread so incredibly thin with all of the demands I am faced with on a daily basis, I am not sure how I am going to accomplish this but I am darn sure going to try to figure it out!

2.  Get back into my old habits of sending birthday and anniversary cards.  I absolutely love receiving cards and I really used to enjoy sending them however since the boys I have really gotten out of the habit of sending them. Or I would buy them, sign them, and lay them on the window seal and they would not get put in the mail box.  Half the time I would see them three weeks later, be embarrassed that I yet again "forgot" to mail another card and throw it away.   

3.  Get more into couponing.  I plan to keep a cost savings journal for all of my shopping trips.  Ben often asks me how much did you save and I can tell you how much I saved on one trip or how much over that weekend, but I can't tell you how much I saved in a month.  Well I am going to start keeping track of all of it....I might even post it. :-)

4.  Post on this blog more often.  I started this blog so my friends and family could see all the fun things the boys are doing.  With the craziness of my days, I had really gotten out of it.  In 2011, I didn't post often and I am sure that many have quit even checking it, but that is my pledge to the one or two readers that still may be out there.  I will post often (with pictures)!

So....I guess it is official I have four New Years Resolutions....Now I just hope I can stick to them all! :-)

No comments: