Wednesday, August 8, 2012

In one week....

In one week from today, my first born, my tiny, five pound baby will start Kindergarten.  I have always been excited for the next class or even Pre-K, but this time it's different.  This is real.  This is school bells and car pool lines. I am just not sure if I am ready to let my baby boy go.... 

And to add to my 'one week from today' heartache....lil' bit will turn two years old.  Where is time going?  He is not supposed to be two already.  It seems like just yesterday I was on maternity leave carrying this sweet little boy around. Trying to figure out life with two....


But I did figure things out and I can say our little family is complete. My hope and prayers for my children to be close is a reality. I will just forever be out numbered in a house of Lego's, monster trucks and super heroes.

Over dinner tonight I was telling Ben that I didn't know if I was really ready to face both of our boys growing up.  For Kyle to start Kindergarten and definitely not for Evan to be two already....his words, "Baby, you better be ready, cause like it or not it's here!"  I guess he is right.  Let me just grab my box of tissues....


1 comment:

Meme said...

Oh my goodness,Meme needs tissues too. I cannot believe how time has gone by sooo fast. I hope Kyle loves school and really enjoys himself. Can't wait to hear about his first day. 'Lil Bit is growing up too fast but oh what a joy his addition has been to your family. I am sooo proud of how you and Ben are raising your family and how much the boys love each other. You'll are doing a fantastic job with "the boys". Keep up the good work. Meme sure does loves yall.