Sunday, July 5, 2009

A trip to the Zoo

On Saturday, Ben, Kyle and I went to the Jacksonville Zoo! We had a lot of fun and it turned out to be a great day to go. There were hardly any visitors there at all!
Kyle and Ben really enjoyed riding the carousel. They let Ben and Kyle ride by themselves and Kyle LOVED picking out just what animal he wanted to ride! (I do have pictures of Kyle smiling on this but I thought this one of Ben is too funny!)
Next we went into the petting zoo area and Kyle petted some goats. He thought this was neat...or his new word of the day AWESOME! (I honestly have no idea where he picked that up from!)

We did see the lion character that the zoo has. He was super nice. Kyle wanted to sit down so they did. But of course Kyle had to put the stick he found right up in front of his face before I snapped the picture.
Kyle and I were looking up at the cool misters that they had. It was really neat, they had these mister thingys that was spraying cool air/water in the covered areas.

Kyle got to pick out his own treat for the day and he selected this giraffe.

We had a great time at the zoo for the 4th of July! Ben and I were talking on the way home and we can't remember the last time that we have just taken a day trip like this. It was nice...I hope we get to do it again one day.





No comments: